- Min. Tuition FeeBDT 1,169,179
- Application FeeBDT 11,200
- Apply Now
JAN, MAY, SEP
20 hrs/wk, FT-Vacation
Upto 3 Years
5900 Minoru Boulevard, Richmond, British Columbia V6X, Canada
Recognized for quality, Trinity Western University (TWU) has received seven consecutive A+ rankings for Quality of Teaching and Learning, holds three Canada Research Chairs, and wins national championships in U Sports sports.
More importantly, lives are changed at TWU through its whole-person, Christ-centred approach to education. With a wide array of undergraduate, graduate, and adult degree-completion programs, TWU equips leaders of character and competence to make a positive impact in the lives of others.
"The mission of Trinity Western University, as an arm of the Church, is to develop godly Christian leaders: positive, goal-oriented university graduates with thoroughly Christian minds; growing disciples of Jesus Christ who glorify God through fulfilling the Great Commission, serving God and people in the various marketplaces of life."
Here are the eight ways to meet TWU’s English Language Proficiency Requirement:
1. Submit official TOEFL(1), IELTS(2) or CAEL(3) exam results, meeting the admission requirement in the table below. Test results are valid for admission to TWU for two years. Tests taken before the two years will not be valid for admission. These results must be submitted at the time of application.
TOEFL Test of English Foreign Language Internet-Based Test Overall Score: 88 with a minimum score of 21 in each of the four areas and a TWE of at least 5.
IELTS International English Language Testing System (Academic) Overall score: 6.5 with 6.0 on Writing Band
CAEL Canadian Academic English Language Assessment
*Testing is offered at TWU’s Langley campus Overall score: 70
TWU Institution Code is 0876
2. Trinity Western University has developed multiple pathways for Undergraduate students to study English at the University. Completion of these programs meets the English Proficiency requirement. These programs include ESLI (English as a Second Language International) and UT (University Transition) at our Langley campus, and TLC (Trinity Language Center) and ATC at our Richmond campus. Students seeking entrance to the University through ESLI, TLC, UT or ATC must register with the program. English language skills will be assessed during Orientation and students will be placed in the appropriate level.
3. Complete three consecutive years of full-time high school or post-secondary education in English within Canada or approved countries immediately prior to enrolment at TWU. Approved countries are: Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, United States, United Kingdom, Jamaica, Hispaniola, Anguilla, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Antigua and Barbuda, Montserrat, Guadeloupe, Dominica, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Barbados, Grenada, Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, Trinidad, Tobago, Caicos and Turks, the Bahamas and Bermuda.
4. Complete four consecutive years of full-time high school or post-secondary education in a North-American curriculum, where English is the principal language of instruction (outside of approved countries) immediately prior to admission to TWU.
5. Achieve a final grade of 4 or better on the AP (Advanced Placement English Language and Composition or AP Literature & Composition.
6. Achieve a final grade of 3 or better on the IB English 12 A1 or A2 (HL) or a final grade of 4 or better on the IB English 12 A1 or A2 (SL) or IB English 12 B with a grade of 4 or better.
7. Achieve a final grade of C or better on the GCSE O-Level English Language-A.
8. Achieve a final grade of B or higher in six credits of post-secondary studies in English courses in an approved English-speaking country equivalent to TWU ENG103 and TWU ENG 104.
(1) TOEFL = Test of English as a Foreign Language
(2) IELTS = International English Language Testing System
(3) CAEL = Canadian Academic English Language Assessment
Academic ESL Requirements
Students whose TOEFL, IELTS or CAEL scores do not meet the minimum requirement but who qualify academically to attend TWU may seek entrance to the University through the English as a Second Language International (ESLI) program at Trinity Western. These students must register with ESLI and will be assessed regarding their English skills during Orientation, at which time they will be placed in the appropriate ESL level. Upon completion of level 5, they may enrol in a degree program without a TOEFL, IELTS or CAEL score.
We know finances can be a major factor in choosing a university. Trinity Western’s financial aid program includes merit and need-based aid. About 97% of our students receive some form of financial aid, so take a look and see what opportunities are available for you.
1. Academic Scholarships - $1,600 to $7,200 per year
These scholarships recognize students for their academic achievements and contribution to the Trinity Western community
2. Trinity Western Founder's Scholarship - $5,000 one time award
This scholarship is in honor of the founders of Trinity Western University, whose vision and perseverance helped established Canada’s first Christian university. The Founder’s Scholarship recognizes ten outstanding students who exemplify the mission of TWU through academic achievement, exemplary character, and a desire to serve God and impact the community around them.
3. Musical Arts Scholarship – up to $3,000 per year
Limited scholarships are available to incoming new and transfer students who demonstrate outstanding talent in vocal, instrumental or piano performance. Recipients will be selected by the faculty from the Department of Music. See Musical Arts Scholarship page for additional information.
4. Theatre Scholarship - $2,000 per year
Limited scholarships are available to incoming new and transfer students who demonstrate outstanding talent in various aspects of theatre including acting, playwriting, and/or stage management. Recipients will be selected by the faculty from the Department of Theatre. See Theatre Scholarship page for additional information.
5. RaiseMe Microscholarships (Amount Varies)
Through RaiseMe, high school students in the Unites States can earn micro-scholarships toward TWU for their accomplishments and achievements throughout high school – as early as the ninth grade. Scholarships awarded by TWU on RaiseMe represent the guaranteed minimum amount of scholarship and aid you will receive in you TWU financial aid package.
To start, create an account on RaiseMe and complete your profile in you senior year before March 15.
6. Athletic Scholarship (Amount Varies)
TWU offers athletic financial awards to student-athletes who are on the competition roster of a TWU Spartan’s varsity team. Recipients are selected by the TWU Athletics department. Athletic financial awards will be administered in accordance to all Canadian University Sports (U Sports) regulations.
7. TWU Grant (Amount Varies)
TWU provides financial assistance to students who demonstrate financial need. The TWU Grant is generally the final component of a financial aid package, supplementing remaining need after other institutional scholarships have been applied.
8. Endowment Awards (Amont Varies)
Endowment awards are established by donors of the university and are based on a variety of criteria including financial need, academic program, and many other student characteristics.
9. Church Matching Grant – up to $2,000 per year
TWU will match up to $2,000 of church sponsorship for students who demonstrate financial need.
10. Southern Alberta Bible Camp Matching Grant – up to $2,000 per year
TWU will match up to $2,000 of sponsorship from Southern Alberta Bible Camp (SABC) for students who demonstrate financial need.
11. Muskoka Woods Grant – up to $2,000 per year
The Muskoka Woods Grant is available to students who have served as summer staff at Muskoka Woods.
For more information visit https://www.twu.ca/admissions-aid/financial-aid
All information related to this institution has been extracted from the Trinity Western University - Richmond website, accessible at https://www.twu.ca/academics/twu-richmond. The data provided here is true until its extraction on 21 December 2019. Hence, all information here is subject to change without notice as per the institution's policy. For the latest update, please visit the institution website.