- Min. Tuition FeeBDT 1,076,739
- Application FeeBDT 11,200
- Apply Now
Known as a centre of excellence for teaching, applied research and learning, Vancouver Island University (VIU), a public post-secondary institution, is producing quality graduates that are in demand by employers across the country and around the world. With roots that date back to 1936 when Nanaimo’s first vocational training school opened its doors, VIU shares a rich history and connectedness with its communities. It is this history and commitment to people that has provided VIU with a solid foundation on which we continue to grow.
VIU is a dynamic, internationally known university supporting a student population in excess of 16,000 full-time and part-time learners, including over 1,800 international students, 1,500 aboriginal students, and employing over 2,000 faculty and staff. Through our ongoing evolution and growth, VIU is proud to have contributed to the development of the Vancouver Island culture, social, economic and knowledge base. VIU impact report highlights VIU’s contribution.
VIU operates four campuses including a main campus in Nanaimo and regional campuses in Duncan, Powell River and Parksville-Qualicum. VIU is also the proud owner of Milner Gardens and Woodlands in Qualicum Beach, recently named one of the top 10 public gardens in Canada.
VIU is an organization that values a diverse range of training and education. The university provides an enriched and intellectually stimulating environment for students and employees. Offering programs from basic literacy to vocational programs, trades, undergraduate and graduate degrees, VIU encourages all students to explore their potential, discover more about their world and excel in both life and learning.
Vancouver Island University is a dynamic and diverse educational organization, dedicated to excellence in teaching and learning, service and research. VIU fosters student success, strong community connections and international collaboration by providing access to a wide range of university programs designed for regional, national and international students. More reasons to choose VIU are:
The following information is a summary of some of the Bursary & Scholarship options for students to explore. Financial Aid is described below.
1. The VIU Career Services office: They offer assistance with career and work search, cover letter and resume development, interview preparation, and labour market information. They also have listings of on- and off-campus employment opportunities.
2. The central Financial Aid and Awards office will have useful information on their website for you. As you will see on their website, StudentAid BC and the Canada Student Loans are only available to Canadian Citizens or permanent residents. Unfortunately, there is no specific “Financial Aid” for international students here at VIU. However, Scholarships and Awards administered through the Financial Aid and Awards office may be open to you. You can create a “scholarship/award/bursary profile” from your student record and it will list those for which you may be eligible.
3. Scholarships and Awards administered through the Faculty of International Education (Scroll down to those listed under “Continuing Student Scholarships”.)
4. Government of Canada’s web page on Scholarships for International Students for external sources of funding for which you may be eligible. 5. Global Affairs Canada Explore this database by country of origin to find scholarships, fellowships or funding opportunities made available by Canadian federal government departments.
6.Top Ten Scholarships in Canada for International Students: scholars4dev.com has compiled links to full and partial scholarships in Canada for international students.
7. ScholarshipsCanada.com is a website that compiles many scholarships, student awards and bursaries. It also has a good list of tips on applying for these opportunities.
All information related to this institution has been extracted from the Vancouver Island University website, accessible at https://www.viu.ca. The data provided here is true until its extraction on 15 December 2019. Hence, all information here is subject to change without notice as per the institution's policy. For the latest update, please visit the institution website.